Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lynchburg Lemonade

One of my favorite mixed drinks is a Lynchburg Lemonade. Made with fresh lemon juice and Jack Daniels. It's not often found in many bars, but I make it for guests in the suite at Invesco Field. But due to limitations I am forced to use a bottled "sweet & sour" mix. When I am home, I never use the bottled mixes and since I had just made a batch of homemade lemon juice/lemonade I decided to mix up a batch of this wonderful concoction.
Fresh organic Lemons

I need to be more careful. even a bit of pith left on the lemons can make the juice a bit bitter

the juicer does a great job and separating every last drop of juice

a little bit of crushed ice, made in my favorite ice crusher. A vintage "Swing Away" brand.

the turn of the handle and you can either have fine or coarse ground ice. Perfect for cocktails


about an ounce and a half of Jack Daniels

about 2 oz of fresh lemon juice

4 oz. of bubbly. Either 7Up or Sprite

a touch of simple syrup to take the bite
out of the lemon juice


a quick stir, and there you have it!



a perfect drink for any season.

The world famous Lynchburg Lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment