Monday, March 28, 2011

Champagne mangos with Sriracha sauce and fresh lime.

Mangos are my favorite fruit. From fresh to sorbets and salsas, I eat tons of mangos throughout the year. I recently saw this recipe on a television show and I knew that I had to try it.  I found the smaller Champagne Mangos at Sunflower markets, and they were fully ripe and delicious.

I peel the mango first, then take off the meat with a sharp knife. I cut the fruit into thin strips and then dressed it with Sriracha sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. The flavor is incredible. I sat and ate the whole bowl with my fingers. The next day I made this recipe again but this time I used the mango salad when I made rice paper wraps. I  filled the wraps with the mango and grilled chicken, veggies, mint and rice noodles.  They were absolutely delicious. The mango was spicy and sweet. Combined with the chicken and the crisp veggies… it was perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment